IB Diploma Programme
Welcome to IB at Haganässkolan - a small school with a big heart and great results. With us students feel happy, safe and supported.
IB World School
Haganässkolan is approved by the International Baccalaurate (IB) organisation. IB World Schools have a common philosophy - a mission to improve education and learning in a multifaceted and inclusive way with students, and to deliver a challenging, high-quality programme for an international education.
Internationally recognised upper secondary school
The International Baccalaureate is an internationally recognised upper secondary school programme that will qualify you for higher education studies in more than a hundred countries, including Sweden.
If you have set your sights on continuing your studies abroad, the Pre-Diploma Programme with a follow-on two-year International Baccalaureate Programme is a good choice.
PDP, Pre-Diploma Programme 1 year
The Pre-Diploma Programme is a preparatory year for the IB Programme, which is also taught at Haganässkolan. In this preparatory year, you will study Mathematics, Languages, Social Science, and Natural Science. All the courses are in English.
You will get used to studying in English, develop your study techniques, choose the subjects you want to study and at what level once you start on the IB Programme.
After the first year, you will be able either to continue on to the IB Programme or start in year one in a Swedish Gymnasie program if you qualify for a national programme.
Diploma Programme 2 years
The programme consists of six subjects chosen from the following six groups. Usually, one subject is chosen from each group (with som exceptions).
You study three subjects at Higher Level (240 hours) and three at Standard Level (150 hours). In addition to the six subjects, there are three core elements that all IB students throughout the world study. These elements are included in the examination and represent an important part of the programme:
- Theory of Knowledge trains you to think critically. During lectures, logic, ethics and philosophy are discussed.
Theory of Knowledge External link.
- Extended Essay is a minor research project in one of the subjects. For that, you will immerse yourself more deeply in one of the six subjects you have chosen.
Extended Essay External link.
- The CAS Programme - creativity, activity and service. CAS is organized around the three strands of creativity, activity and service defined as follows:
- Creativity - exploring and extending ideas leading to an original or interpretive product or performance.
- Activity - physical exertion contributing to a healthy lifestyle.
- Service - collaborative and reciprocal engagement with the community in response to an authentic need.The CAS Programme External link.
To gain your Diploma qualification, you must pass your subjects, as well as the Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge essay, and must have completed your CAS one month before your examinations.
From August 2023, we offer students optimised subject profiles.
Classic IB profile
Do you want to visit the IB programme?
If you want to follow an IB student during a regular school day, follow the link below to book your visit. Lunch is included in your visit. Welcome to Haganässkolan!
Contact: Karin Ringblom, IB Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Two-Year Course Outlines
- Course plan 2020 Pdf, 272.1 kB.
- CAS Pdf, 273.9 kB.
- TOK 2021 Pdf, 357 kB.
- Group 1 Lang Lit English Pdf, 379.4 kB.Group 2 Lang Acq AB initio Pdf, 416.3 kB.
- Group 3 Business Management Pdf, 305.9 kB.
- Group 3 Psychology 2021 Pdf, 332.1 kB.
- Group 4 Biology Pdf, 6.2 MB.
- Group 4 DesTech Pdf, 243.2 kB.
- Group 4 Physics 2021 Pdf, 552.5 kB.
- Group 5 Mathematics AI 2021 Pdf, 411.9 kB.
- Group 6 Visual Arts 2021 Pdf, 407.4 kB.
This timeline is best opened in the Microsoft Excel Desktop Application so you can see the Notes included by hovering over cells with a red triangle.
Assessment Timeline for IBDP students Excel, 35.9 kB.
Important documents list
- Mission Statement Pdf, 94.9 kB.
- Admission and Continuation Policy Pdf, 1.7 MB.
- Assessment Policy Pdf, 628.1 kB.
- Academic Honesty Policy Pdf, 354.9 kB.
- CAS handbook Pdf, 1006 kB.
- Finding Academic Sources Pdf, 138.5 kB.
- General Regulations DP Pdf, 303.3 kB.
- Inclusion and student support Policy Pdf, 851.5 kB.
- Language Policy Pdf, 215.4 kB.
Procedure for Handling Complaints
To apply to the DP, email the IB Coordinator Karin Ringblom directly, contact information below.
Contact the IB Diploma Programme
Contact us if you want more information!