Hoppa direkt till innehållet

Move to Sweden and Älmhult

"Information Sverige" - a portal for new arrivals

"Information Sverige" has been created to make your arrival in Sweden easier. The site is intended to give you answers about Swedish society and which authorities you will come into contact with during your first time in Sweden.

You will find "Information Sverige" here.external link, opens in new window

How to apply for Swedish residence permit

If you are moving from a country outside the EU you must apply for a residence permit. Visit Migrationsverkets websiteexternal link to apply.

Swedish Population Register

If you have moved to Sweden from abroad and are planning to live here for more than 3 months you should normally be registered in the Swedish Population Register. To be registered in the Swedish Population Register means that you have a personal identity number and that you are registered as living at a certain address and property. To be registered you must apply in person to the Swedish Tax Agency.external link

Learn Swedish

Learn Swedish at Haganässkolan. Read more about SFI (external linkSwedish for immigrants) and adult education here.external link